Finding the right product to promote in ClickBank is easy, but you should avoid the heavy hitters and use other reputable and useful categories. Do your research carefully as these can change as new products come out and the marketplace grows. As a rule of thumb, you should only promote a product in a niche that you have some interest in.
ClickBank sells thousands of digital products in many different categories, so no matter what you are interested in, there is a product that may be suitable for you. Once you have a product that you are happy to promote, you will need to create a ClickBank Hoplink.
A Hoplink is the link that you will need to promote the product. When somebody clicks on this link and buys the product, you will be given a commission for the sale.
There are many ways to promote the ClickBank products that we are looking at, but first let’s look at how to set up a Hoplink.
- Click the ‘ promotem distribute button’ on the ClickBank site.
- You will be told to enter your account nickname, (your ClickBank nickname is unique to your account) and an optional tracking ID. PRODUCT_ID,ogle and Limitvals are required.
- Click on ‘ save changes’ and you will be asked to save several files on your computer and print them.
- You will be asked to enter your account nickname again and create a user name and password.
- After you have entered your account nickname and password, click on the big yellow button at the top ‘Promote products as a proof reader’.
- You will be asked to copy the HTML code for the Promote button.
- You can either copy it by clicking on the first HTML code in the left hand column, or by clicking on the topmost one in the middle or bottom post section.
You will be asked to enter a tracking ID, as ClickBank will use this to track your sales. Whatever you put as your tracking ID, will be used to track your commissions.
When you use a tracking ID instead of just selecting a random hoplink, you will be less likely to lose your commissions. This is because ClickBank will ask you to enter a tracking ID when you sign up to promote, and also when you log off and come back.
Step 2 – Creating a ClickBankleted orSubscribed Cookie
What ClickBank refers to as a cookie is nothing more than code that transfers payment from your referred customer to your account. Depending on what payment processor you use, cookies can last up to 90 days. So, if your customer returns to the ClickBank site within 90 days after they opted in to the product’s website, you will not get paid. However, ClickBank willuponLY track your referral as your cookie remains active.
Now, the key to getting your commissions is to select a product that you are going to promote, and has aawaysales page. The beauty of this is that as their referrer, you will get the best exposure and sales for all your marketing efforts.
Personally, I like to select a product that pays out atleast 50% commissions, and has a page where I can write a short piece explaining the benefits of the product. I like to write small honest reviews, rather than hyping the product and hoping people go to clickbank to buy the product, as the quality of the products listed there are quite low.
Good luck with your ClickBank marketing campaigns!